Rock 94 is proud to support Tim Horton’s Camp Day.
Tim Hortons Camp Day is coming up on Wednesday, June 5th – the largest annual fundraiser for the Tim Hortons Foundation Camps – and we need your help!
Over the past four decades, the Tim Hortons Foundation Camps have helped more than 275,000 youth from disadvantaged circumstances in your community change their stories for the better. When youth grow up in a disadvantaged environment, the chances increase that the cycle of poverty is repeated, and their ability decreases to develop necessary skills to become successful adults.
Tim Hortons Foundation Camps supports kids between the ages of 12 to 16 at a time in their lives when they are determining who they will become as adults. Through a unique multi-year, camp-based program, they learn skills like leadership, resilience, and responsibility, empowering them to believe in their own potential and return home to succeed in post-secondary school, work and thrive in their communities.
Tim Hortons Camp Day is the one day each year when Tim Hortons Restaurant Owners donate 100% of their coffee sales to help send local youth to one of seven Tim Hortons Foundation Camps across North America. In addition, Tim Hortons Restaurants will also be selling bracelets and holding fundraising events and activities in support of Camp Day.
Every year your station has graciously supported Camp Day by promoting it on-air and spending some time at our Restaurants pouring Coffee or greeting Guests. Your presence would definitely add further excitement to the day’s events. Thanks to the support of Special Guests, Team Members, and the community, Camp Day 2018 raised over $13.1 million!
With your support, we can make this the most successful Camp Day to date! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
On behalf of all of the youth who will visit one of the Tim Hortons Foundation Camps this year, thank you in advance for your support and generosity.
CAMP DAY 2019: FACT SHEET
About Camp Day:
• Camp Day is Wednesday, June 5 and is the biggest annual fundraiser for the Tim Horton’s Foundation Camps.
• It’s the one day each year when Tim Hortons Restaurant Owners donate 100% of their coffee sales to the Tim Hortons Foundation Camps who send local youth from disadvantaged circumstances to one of seven Camps across North America.
• For the fourth year, Guests have the opportunity to donate $2 and receive a Camp Day bracelet available in four vibrant colours: red, blue, green and orange.
• Guests can Round Up their order, with the balance of the dollar going towards the Tim Horton’s Foundation Camps.
• Guests can make a one-time or monthly donation online any time at timscampday.ca
• In 2018, Camp Day raised more than $13.1 Million for the Tim Horton’s Foundation Camps.
• 1 in 5 youth grow up in poverty, and when youth grow up in disadvantaged circumstances, the chances increase that the cycle of poverty is repeated, and their ability decreases to develop necessary skills to become successful adults.
• Youth from low-income homes face additional obstacles when it comes to academic performance, relationship building and physical and emotional well-being.
• Youth from low-income homes are more likely to experience a wide variety of illnesses, hospital stays, accidents, mental health problems, lower school achievement and early drop-out, family violence and child abuse.
• Over the past four decades, the Tim Hortons Foundation Camps have helped more than 275,000 youth from disadvantaged circumstances change their stories for the better.
• Every Camp Day donation counts. Whether you buy a coffee on June 5 at your local Tim Hortons or make an online donation, you’re helping to change a kids life.
About Tim Hortons Foundation Camps:
• Tim Hortons Foundation Camps supports kids from disadvantaged circumstances between the ages of 12 to 16 at the time in their lives when they are determining who they will become as adults.
• Through a multi-year, camp-based program, they learn skills like leadership, resilience, and responsibility, empowering them to believe in their own potential and change their stories for the better.
• Attending a Tim Hortons Foundation Camp comes at absolutely no cost to kids or their families.
• The program is supported by Tim Hortons Restaurant Owners and Guests and invests in youth from every community Tim Hortons serves.
• With two camp development programs (Summer and School) running year round at each of the seven Camp locations across North America, youth are supported to learn essential life skills needed to thrive in post-secondary school, work, and within their communities.
• The Foundation was established in 1974 by Ron Joyce, co-founder of Tim Hortons, in honor of Tim Horton’s love for children and his desire to help those less fortunate.
• Today, there are seven camps across North America:
o Parry Sound, Ontario (opened in 1975)
o Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia (opened in 1988)
o Kananaskis, Alberta (opened in 1991)
o Quyon, Quebec (opened in 1994)
o Campbellsville, Kentucky (opened in 2001)
o St. George, Ontario (opened in 2002)
o Seven Sisters Falls, Manitoba (opened in 2015)
How to Join the Camp Day Conversation:
• Like THCF facebook.com/timhortonchildrensfoundation
• Follow THCF on Twitter @THCF1974
• Follow THCF on Instagram @THCF1974
• Subscribe to THCF on YouTube @youtube.com/THCF1974
• Like Tim Hortons facebook.com/TimHortons
• Follow Tim Hortons on Twitter @Tim Hortons
• Follow Tim Hortons on Instagram @TimHortons
• Subscribe to Tim Hortons on YouTube youtube.com/TimHortons